- Hybrid available for the first-time ever
- Available with Apple CarPlay on selected variants
- 7 airbags for all variants
Toyota Motor Thailand has just introduced the all-new twelfth-generation Corolla Altis in the Kingdom, available in 6 variants.
The variants include:
- Limo – THB 829,000
- 1.6G – THB 869,000
- GR Sport – THB 999,000
- Hybrid Entry – THB 939,000
- Hybrid Mid – THB 989,000
- Hybrid High – 1,099,000
For the first-time ever, Toyota is offering a hybrid variant of the all-new Corolla Altis, powered by the same 1.8-litre hybrid powertrain as the C-HR Hybrid. The hybrid powertrain in the Corolla Altis is good for a combined system output of 122 PS.
Toyota Motor Thailand is also offering the all-new Corolla Altis with the choice of a 1.6- or a 1.8-litre naturally-aspirated four-cylinder petrol engine. The smaller 1.6-litre engine is good for 125 PS and 156 Nm, while the larger 1.8-litre unit does 140 PS and 177 Nm. Both petrol engines receive a CVT-type automatic transmission with 7 virtual ratios.
As speculated earlier, our ASEAN market Corolla Altis looks similar to the FAW Toyota version of the Corolla sedan that is currently on sale in China. The FAW Toyota version is one of the three global front faces of the new Corolla sedan.
In terms of dimensions, the all-new Corolla Altis has a length of 4,630 mm (+10 mm), width of 1,780 mm (+4 mm), and a height of 1,435 mm (-25 mm). The hybrid version of the Corolla Altis has a slightly taller height at 1,455 mm. Wheelbase is identical to the predecessor model, coming in at 2,700 mm.
Standard equipment on the (Thailand market) all-new Corolla Altis range include:
- Halogen headlights
- LED daytime running lights
- Side mirrors with turn indicators
- Follow-me-home lights
- Urethane steering wheel with audio switches
- Telescopic steering wheel adjustment
- Fabric upholstery
- Anti-trap power windows
- Standard audio system with 4 speakers
- ABS, EBD, BA
- Stability control with traction control
- Hill-start Assist Control
- 7 airbags
The range-topping Corolla Altis Hybrid High variant is generously equipped with these standard equipment:
- Hybrid LED headlights
- Rain-sensing automatic wipers
- Auto Folding Mirrors with Reverse Link
- Acoustic windshield
- LED front fog lights
- Combination leather upholstery
- 8-inch touchscreen infotainment with Apple CarPlay
- Auto-dimming rear view mirror
- Head-up display
- Nanoe air purifier
- Rear sunshade
- Blind Spot Monitor (BSM)
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC)
- Automatic High Beam (AHB)
- Pre-Collision System (PCS)
- Lane Departure Alert (LDA)
- Lane Tracing Assist (LTA)
Apart from the hybrid variants, Toyota Motor Thailand also introduced the GR Sport variant of the Corolla Altis, which receives the 1.8-litre powerplant.
The Corolla Altis GR Sport gets a bespoke front fascia with silver trim in the lower front grille, front, side, and rear skirts, and 17-inch dual-tone alloy wheels. A rear spoiler helps to complete the exterior design of the GR Sport.