- Prices have yet to be announced
- Up to 590 km range, enough to travel from Johor to Ipoh
- RWD with 340 PS, 430 Nm
The BMW i4 eDrive40 has landed in Malaysia. But don’t get too excited just yet as this is merely a preview, prices have yet to be confirmed. It joins the new electric range by BMW including the BMW iX and iX3.
The BMW i4 eDrive40 has a rear-mounted electric motor that generates a maximum output of 340 PS, 430 Nm. 0-100 km/h sprint can be achieved in 5.7 seconds, while top speed is 190 km/h.
Also read: Malaysia-bound BMW i4 debuts with first all-electric BMW M performance model
The high-voltage battery is positioned in the vehicle floor and has a gross capacity of 83.9 kWh (80.7 kWh net), driving range is up to 590 km (WLTP).
AC charging is rated at a maximum of 11 kW, charging from 0 to 100 percent in under 8.5 hours. Meanwhile for DC fast charging, maximum rate is 200 kW, allowing the BMW i4 to charge from 10 percent to 80 percent in 31 minutes.
Also read: BMW Malaysia and Tian Siang Premium Auto ensure electric car owners can fill their tummies and charge their electric vehicles while in Penang
Inside, there’s BMW Curved Display that blends the 12.3-inch information display and 14.9-inch control display into a single driver-focused unit based on the new BMW Operating System 8. Head-Up Display is equipped as standard.
Other features include a three-zone automatic climate control and Harman Kardon surround system with 17 speakers and digital seven-channel amplifier.
Driving assistance systems in the BMW i4 eDrive40 include the Driving Assistant Professional that encompasses:
- Active Cruise Control with Stop&Go function
- Steering and Lane Control Assistant
- Emergency Stop Assistant
- Lane Change Assistant
- Lane Keeping Assistant with active side collision protection
- Crossing-traffic Warning at the front
- Evasion Assistant
- Crossroads Warning with city braking function
- Steering and Lane Control Assistant with active lane guidance
Available also is the Parking Assistant with Park Assist, including end-on parking spaces and exiting from parking spaces, Active Park Distance Control, lateral parking aid and Reversing Assistant. Optionally, there’s the Parking Assistant Plus with Surround View System and Remote 3D View.
Owners of the First-Ever BMW i4 eDrive40 will receive the complete BMW Group Malaysia Premium Ownership experience which includes:
- BMW 5-Year Unlimited Mileage Warranty with Free Scheduled Service Programme
- BMW 8-Year / 160,000 km Battery Warranty (whichever comes first)
- BMW Roadside Assistance and Accident Hotline
- The BMW Group Loyalty+ Mobile App - BMW Privileges Card
- BMW Service Online
Also read: BMW i4 launching in Malaysia soon; Johor to Ipoh in one charge