The National Security Council (MKN) has imposed Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO) in Kelantan, Terengganu, Pahang, Perak, Sabah, and Sarawak from 22 May to 4 June 2021. Here are the latest EMCO standard operating procedures (SOP).
Although EMCO was first introduced back in 2020, MKN has since updated the guidelines accordingly. So, do make sure that you are referring to the latest guidelines as issued by the government.
- All residents within the area are not allowed to leave their homes or the EMCO district
- Only one person is allowed to leave the house to purchase essential items
- Public transport (including e-hailing) is allowed to operate between 6 am and 10 pm
- Essential services sector is allowed to operate between 6 am to 8 pm
- Restaurants are allowed to operate between 6 am to 8 pm; take away and food delivery are allowed but dine-ins are prohibited
- Convenient stores are allowed to operate between 6 am to 8 pm only
- Markets are allowed to operate from 6 am to 2 pm; night markets are prohibited
- Schools and religious institutions are not allowed to open; only kindergartens are allowed to operate provided strict SOPs are observed
- Sports and social activities are prohibited
- If an individual needs to leave the EMCO area, they will need permission from the Royal Malaysia Police (PDRM) even in emergencies.
Stopping the spread of the virus is our top priority for now. So, let's all hang in there for just a little bit more!