You can now shop for a Mercedes-Benz online. Mercedes-Benz Malaysia now has a virtual showroom that includes both new and pre-owned models.
The new online tool allows users to instantly search on stock on availability, calculate financing option and directly request a quote from their preferred dealer. They can also filter the available cars based on their location.
Dr Claus Weidner, President & CEO of Mercedes-Benz Malaysia said, “2020 placed great demands on us as a society. Despite the challenges, the situation also presented us with an opportunity to be more resilient and agile in this new technology-led environment. While the safety and of our customers is our top priority, we explore innovative ways to optimize our offerings. The virtual showroom is an example of our pursuit in continuous digitalisation effort to bring the best experiences for our customers.”
Michael Jopp, Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Mercedes-Benz Malaysia, added, “We want to assure our new and existing customers that we are with them throughout their ownership. We have accelerated most of our efforts to combine physical and digital touchpoints for a seamless customer journey. From dealerships with luxurious brand presence to digital launches and virtual showroom– it is all now easily accessible from anywhere. This new and improved presence is meant to simplify processes and enhance our brand experience by leveraging data and technology in this era.”
The company also recapped its highlights for 2020. Among the milestones for 2020 include:
- Hosting its first South East Asia regional digital premiere from Malaysia, for the Mercedes-Benz GLB, covering Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia
- Virtual launch of the new Mercedes-Benz GLA
- After-sales division serviced over 140,000 cars last year
- Introduction of the Mercedes-Benz Original Tyre Programme, plus contactless convenience services like Mercedes me Adapter and Online Appointment booking
- 54 trainees graduated from Mercedes-Benz Training Academy’s Advanced Modern Apprenticeship Programme, the program goes digital in 2020 with a new programme on Qualified Body & Paint Specialist
- Mercedes-Benz Services Malaysia (MBSM) financed 50 percent of all cars sold by Mercedes-Benz Malaysia’s dealers, portfolio now valued at RM 2.27 billion, recorded new contracts worth over RM 717 million
Mercedes-Benz Malaysia currently assembles 5 models (totalling 13 variants) at its assembly plant in Pekan. The CKD models include C-Class, E-Class and S-Class sedans, GLC and GLC Coupe SUVs, as well as two Mercedes-AMG models, the C 43 and the GLC 43 Coupe.
The left-hand drive C180 is exported to the Philippines.