While we wait for the official prices of the 2019 Mazda CX-8 to be announced, Mazda has already updated it in Japan. Don’t worry though if you’ve already booked one, the changes are pretty minor.
Here’s a quick run through on the updates:
- USB ports for the third-row seats
- Optional powered sunroof
- Larger center display, up by an inch to 8 inches
- Extra sound damping material on the roof to reduce rain noise
- Walk-in switch to electrically fold the second row seats down
- AWD models get Off-Road Traction Assist
The Off-Road Traction Assist system works with the traction control system to enhance traction on rough roads and smoothly unstuck the car should it get in hairy situations.
That’s about it for the running change, there's no word on when or if our locally-assembled CX-8 gets the updates yet, as the above are only limited to the Japanese market for now.