** This article is published on WapCar Community. Click the link below to enter the community for car enthusiasts in Malaysia
Ford Ranger 2.2 XLT AUTO
Reason why I bought this car
For work purpose.
Car selection process
- I had a budget of: RM 100000
- Models that I have considered include: Toyota Fortuner, Toyota Land Cruiser
The reason why I choose this car
- Good fuel consumption
- Good purchase price
I have already done 100000 km.
A sedan car handling with off road capabilities and good fuel economy. Truly a suitable make and model, even Hilux, Triton, Navara and Dmax cannot come close.
Total Score: 5
Quality & Features: 4
Ride Comfort: 4.5
Fuel Economy: 5
Price & Cost: 5
Pros & Cons
- Good fuel economy
- Comfortable handling like a sedan car
- Responsive engine
- High ground clearance to wade thru water, mud and off-road terrain
- Could have been better with leather seats, telescopic steering wheel, larger LCD touch screen
- Also they should not remove the storage tray on the right side just below the aircond vent
My job requires me to frequently access off-road terrains, steep hills, rocky paths, mud, shallow rivers, and always a few hundred kilometres across states through the highway. Somehow the journeys are enjoyable because this Ford Ranger brings out the best of both off and on the road.
Some interesting events
Generally speaking, pick up trucks have lighter weight distributed at the rear (unless fully loaded). So cornering would be quite dangerous especially during rainy days and even more so with worn tyres. I once skidded and almost flipped my truck but luckily I managed to gain control.
After reading a countless number of Owner Review stories, are you interested in sharing your own story also? WapCar sincerely invites YOU to share the genuine feelings of your car!
You may receive special souvenirs from WapCar! Sign up now to know more! WapCar staff will contact you shortly after you sign up.