Honda Malaysia has just launched the Honda Connect advanced vehicle telematics technology. This feature would allow users to connect to their cars with a touch of their fingertips via a smartphone app and the Honda City RS will be the first model to come with this feature.
The key functions of Honda Connect include:
- Vehicle Diagnostics
- Remote Applications
- Security Applications
- Vehicle Tracking
- Support Services
Honda Connect has divided these functions into three categories, namely Safety, Security, and Convenience.
Under Safety and Security, Honda Connect is equipped with the following features:
- Automatic Collision Detection System
- Provides immediate support to the driver via Honda’s 24-Hour Roadside Assist Call Centre in case of an accident or air bag deployment in the car.
- Security Alarm Detection
- Remotely monitors the car’s situation and a push notification will be sent to the owner and Honda’s 24-Hours Roadside Assist Call Centre when the car door, trunk, or bonnet is forcibly opened.
- Find My Car
- Allows owners to easily locate their car on a map that is linked to their smartphone.
- Speed Alert
- Allows owners to set the speed range and notify them when the vehicle is being driven higher than the set speed limit.
- Geo-fencing Alert
- Allows owners to set the location range for monitoring purposes and notify them when the vehicle is being driven out of the set conditional parameters of driving radius.
Next is the Convenience category which consists of the following features:
- Remote Vehicle Control
- Owners are able to remotely lock the car, start or stop the car engine, switch on or off the air-conditioning, and switching on the lights through the app.
- Car Status
- Track and record driving styles with driving data along with trip logs.
- Service Reminder
- Provides users with updates on all past service information including reminders for next periodical maintenance.
- Remote Diagnostic Support
- Provides initial assessment and necessary diagnosis on 11 issues including:
- Supplemental Restraint System
- Brake System
- Engine Malfunction
- Charging System
- Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) System
- Electric Power Steering (EPS) System
- Lane Keep Assist System (LKAS)
- Adaptive Cruise Control System (ACC)
- Safety Support
- Power System
The Honda Connect will begin rolling out with the Honda City RS hybrid variant as the first Honda model in Malaysia to come with this feature. Honda also announced that the City RS will begin delivery to customers beginning this March.
Also read: Still waiting for Proton X50? Honda City RS prices to be released this week