** This article is published on WapCar Community. Click the link below to enter the community for car enthusiasts in Malaysia
2020 Honda City 1.5V
Reason why I bought this car
- Looking to purchase a car during SST Exemption Period.
- Looking for a car that is practical and fast enough (at least 190km/h top speed).
- Upgrade from 2013 Perodua Viva Elite.
- Impressed after trying out GM6 owned by my sister.
Car selection process
- I had a budget of: RM 100k
- Models that I have considered include: Toyota Vios 1.5G/GR-S, Nissan Almera VLT, Proton X50 FS, Perodua Myvi 1.5 AV
The reason why I choose this car
- Engaging and Powerful Engine. I am a twin-cam i-vtec fan btw.
- Spacious and practical enough
- Love the exterior looks, but not the rim. I spray to 2 tone btw
- Love the steering feel, very sharp and accurate
- Satisfied Top Speed, can have a good fight with Toyota 1.8 Engine
- Leather of the seat looks real compared to its rival. Not those PVC leather kind of feel
I have already done 6800km. My average fuel consumption is 15 to 18km per litre.
If you dive into Japanese B-segment market, you can't go wrong with it. So far everything is working perfectly for me, it is a car that give you everything. Not the one that offered you the most feature, but the feature comes with it are all very useful (Lanewatch, Android Auto, Cruise Control, Paddle Shifter etc.). This engine can achieve high top speed, able to have a friendly high speed run with some of the C-segment cars. The design of the steering really nice, nice leather covered and high quality button on it.
Total Score: 5
Quality & Features: 4
Ride Comfort: 5
Fuel Economy: 5
Price & Cost: 5
Pros & Cons
- Powerful DOHC engine during high speed (>150km/h).
- Android Auto is a life saver
- Very good fuel consumption
- Heavily improved in terms of build quality, ride and insulation (compared to GM6)
- Body roll is quite obvious.
- The original Toyo tire really cannot.
- The design of the speedometer can be better.
Looking to replace my 8 years old Perodua Viva during SST Exemption period. Dive into B segment market and search the best for myself. Have try out Almera, Vios and X50, but seems like City gave me the best driving experience (VTEC kick-in Yo). Satisfied with the car, good quality as compared to previous gen. A bit wondering why Honda received so many hate from everyone, it is a very good brand and they seriously build some incredible machine for user.
Some interesting events
I have resprayed my rim to a nicer 2 tone, now the exterior looks really nice.
Honda owners are amazing, we love to have some fun on Highway. If you are driving a Honda at fast lane, and suddenly there is another Honda catching up on you, don't be shy to put your foot on the pedal, we are looking for some high speed fun tho. But anyhow, safety first haha.
After reading a countless number of Owner Review stories, are you interested in sharing your own story also? WapCar sincerely invites YOU to share the genuine feelings of your car!
You may receive special souvenirs from WapCar! Sign up now to know more! WapCar staff will contact you shortly after you sign up.