- Now with G-Vectoring Control Plus
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay as standard
- Available as a sedan or wagon
Bermaz Motor, the official distributor of Mazda vehicles in Malaysia has introduced the updated Mazda 6 in Malaysia. Specifications have been improved (upgraded infotainment and GVC Plus) but prices have also gone up by quite a bit, no doubt due to the weakening Ringgit (the 6 is imported from Japan).
The new prices are:
- 2.0L petrol Sedan: RM 173,659 (was RM 165,215)
- 2.5L petrol Sedan: RM 211,148 (was RM 202,723)
- 2.5L petrol Touring: RM 215,148 (was RM 206,497)
- 2.2L diesel Sedan: RM 219,851 (was RM 211,426)
The updated Mazda 6 is now equipped with G-Vectoring Control Plus (GVC Plus), which uses the brakes to add direct yaw movement control for enhanced handling stability. As the driver steers out of a corner by returning the steering wheel to the centre position, GVC Plus applies light braking force to the outer wheels, providing a stabilizing force that helps restore the vehicle’s stability.
Apart from the addition of GVC Plus, the updated Mazda 6 now receives Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support, allowing for the integration of Google Maps, Waze, and Spotify.
The updated Mazda 6 is priced between RM 173,659 to RM 219,851, depending on variant.
Bermaz Motor will be showcasing the updated Mazda 6 alongside the yet-to-be launched Mazda CX-5 at the Bangsar Shopping Centre starting from 11th September to 15th September.