Fans can now buy the updated 2020 Honda Civic FC facelift following its official launch in late February 2020.
The refreshed Civic goes up against the likes of the all-new Mazda3 and Toyota Corolla Altis. With the discontinuation of the Volkswagen Jetta, the Honda is now the only turbocharged C-segment sedan in Malaysia.
As before, there are 3 variants of the most popular C-segment sedan available – 1.8 S, 1.5 TC and 1.5 TC-P priced between RM 113,600 to RM 139,600. Unfortunately, prices have gone up by some RM 5,000 to RM 10,000. Although it’s still the most affordable Japanese C-segment on sale.
Changes on the new Civic FC facelift are minor but helps to keep the sedan competitive:
- New front bumpers with restyled fog lamp housings
- Chrome rear bumper trim
- New 16- & 18-inch wheel design
- 60:40 split-folding rear seats
- Automatic rain-sensing wipers
- Passion Red Pearl (replaces Dark Ruby Red Pearl)
- Honda LaneWatch camera (1.5 TC & TC-P)
- Gloss black grille (1.5 TC-P)
- Rear spoiler (1.5 TC-P)
- New physical climate & infotainment controls (1.5 TC-P)
- Honda Sensing ADAS (1.5 TC-P)
Powertrain options remain the same as before a 1.8-litre naturally aspirated 4-cylinder i-VTEC and a 1.5-litre 4-cylinder V-TEC turbo petrol engines both mated to a CVT automatic. The former makes 141 PS/174 Nm while the latter makes 173 PS/220 Nm.